Chicken Burgers


A couple of weeks ago I froze some skinless, boneless chicken thighs and I was trying to think of new ways to use them when I came across an article about Costco chicken burgers and how delicious they were. I don't have a membership so I started looking around trying to figure out what might be in a chicken burger and came up with these.


2½ lbs. ground chicken
2½ Tablespoons carmelized onions, finely chopped
1½ Tablespoons roasted red peppers, finely chopped
2 egss
½-¾ cup dry bread crumbs
a splash of milk
½ teaspoon minced garlic
1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, fresh if you have it
Fresh ground black pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt

I have a meat grinder attachment with my Bosch mixer so I did the grinding myself. I ran the thighs through twice to get the texture fine enough to suit me.


Beat the eggs and combine everything in a bowl except bread crumbs. Mix by hand and sprinkle crumbs over meat as you mix to work them in, adding just enough to make the mixture stick together.


Shape into desired size and refrigerate or freeze till ready to use.

I used an indoor grill for a healthy burger, and they were yummy. My husband and I along with one of our sons enjoyed them a lot, the remaining three? Well I'll keep trying! ☺


Serve with lettuce, tomato, mayo, mustard, and whatever else you enjoy on the burgers you eat.

Be blessed!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake

Seasoned Pretzels