French Onion Soup


For a long time now I've been intrigued with French Onion Soup. I'm not exactly sure why except that I love the smell of onions cooking. For whatever reason I finally got around to making some.

I had never made or tasted any before and wasn't sure what to expect but am happy to say that I did like the flavor. The crusty bread, the Gruyere cheese, and the combo of herbs made it delicious. Before the thyme and basil flavors were simmered into the soup I wasn't real impressed but those two definitely added terrific flavor. I think roasting the onions in the oven also played a large part in giving the soup a hearty flavor.

I found the recipe here and it is under Best French Onion Soup. They have a great printable so check them out sometime and have some yummy soup!

Be Blessed!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Seasoned Pretzels

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake