Just Snickers

New to the line up of cheesecakes is this simple but tasty one. No peanut butter like the other Snickers one I have made. Just a lovely, lighter caramel-y cake with chopped Snickers Bars.
What's not to like about that?!
For a 10 inch size:
Turn oven to 300°. Place a small pan of water on the bottom oven rack.
Prepare Spring Form pan lining the bottom with Parchment Paper, trimming the excess around the outside and lightly spraying the pan sides and bottom with non stick spray. Set aside
Crust:
 2½ cups crushed chocolate cookie crumbs
6 Tablespoons cold butter, cut into chunks
Place into food processor and process until completely incorporated. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
For the cheesecake:
48 oz. cream cheese, room temp.
1½ cups brown sugar
6 large eggs
½ cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon all purpose flour
4-5 fun size Snickers candy bars,
cut into smallish pieces
In a mixer bowl ( I use a Bosch) beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. In a separate bowl combine the next 4 ingredients and beat with a hand beater until smooth. Pour into mixer bowl and beat just until incorporated, scraping sides as necessary. Don't over beat! Fold in the candy bar pieces. Pour over the baked crust. Place the Spring form pan onto a baking sheet and pop it into the oven for an hour. Sides should look a little puffed and dry and the center jiggle slightly when shook. Turn heat to off and prop oven door open with a wooden spoon handle for another hour. Remove cheesecake from the oven, run a thin, sharp knife around the edge and allow to cool completely before refrigerating. Refrigerate overnight or until cheesecake is cold throughout before removing the sides of the pan and placing onto serving platter.
Ganache:
1 cup mini milk chocolate chips
Heavy Cream, scalded
and just enough to bring it (barely) to the top of the mini chips
1 Tablespoon Light Karo
Caramel extract, to taste
I wanted this ganache to stay on top and not run down over the sides. If you want it to run, adjust the cream amount. I must say, the caramel extract in this topping really made it special! As in I-could-eat-this-entire-thing-with-a-spoon kind of special! So Yum!! Spread over top and garnish as desired. 
Enjoy!


Comments

  1. Yumm!! Now THAT's my style :) Not good - now I wanna taste it! hehe
    Wilma King

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me take the temptation away Wilma and say that I made this one several weeks ago and it is long gone! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! It looks beautiful and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure my other comment went through...this looks delicious and ALMOST too beautiful to eat! I'm so excited you have bluebirds singing...how encouraging that would be. A friend said she saw a robin yesterday...I have no idea how or what they find to eat here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is encouraging! And we've seen a few robins here as well! So Spring really is somewhere... just around the corner! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my word! Wish this was in my life right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could eat a piece of that for breakfast...NO problem! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Betsy... That is a work of art. If I try real hard, I can imagine the taste!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake

Seasoned Pretzels