Friday, July 24, 2015

White Chocolate Strawberry Delight

 
Need a quickie dessert for the weekend that will disappear before the Monday diet begins again? lol
 
I was in my kitchen yesterday thinking I really should bake something but not in the mood for the usual chocolate chip whatever when I had a flash of brilliance. Why not use the strawberries in the fridge for something besides pie (as easy as it is, I'm not a huge fan of crust making) but for something quick and yummy that I don't normally make?
 
Delights are quick and easy but that center part in all of it's sugary glory is always somewhat of a downer. So I had the idea to try it with an extra block cream cheese and dry instant white chocolate pudding. Still a far cry from healthy but not super sweet like usual. It was delicious and yes they, notice I said THEY, ate most of it for supper! Okaay! I had some too, because the cook always needs to taste new things, right? but in this case I could have avoided it because it tasted just like I thought it would. Not real sweet. Delicious. And like strawberries. Ha!
 
First of all it's handy when you keep this concoction in your cupboard in a glass jar:
 
1 cup clear jel, (cook type)
2 cups sugar
2 pkg. strawberry Kool-Aid
 
Mix together and store in an airtight container.
 
When ready to use mix ¾ cup dry mix and 2 cups water. Cook over medium heat until it thickens, stirring constantly.
 
Mix one recipe of this and set aside to cool.
 
In a 9 X 13 Pyrex pan mix
 
1-1/4 cups flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter
 
until evenly crumbly. Just spread it evenly in the pan, but don't press it in. Bake @350 degrees for 20 min or till edges begin to brown. Remove and fluff with a fork, again spreading evenly without pressing it into the pan. Set aside and allow to cool.
 
In a Kitchen Aid mixer bowl mix
 
16 oz. cream cheese
1 box dry instant white chocolate pudding
 
with paddle attachment beat until nice and fluffy scraping sides as needed. Add
 
12 oz. Cool Whip
 
Spread over cooled crust.
 
Wash/clean/cut 2 lbs. strawberries and add to the cooled strawberry Danish. Spread on top of cream cheese mixture.
 
Enjoy and have a great weekend!
 
 
♥Blessings to you today!♥

4 comments:

  1. I make something very similar except the center is cream cheese, powdered sugar and coolwhip!
    Yours looks very refreshing and yummy...perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the recipe I normally use Betsy, but I often think it's too sweet so I switched it up a bit.

      Delete
  2. I can see why they gobbled it up - it looks so enticing and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why they gobbled it up - it looks so enticing and pretty!

    ReplyDelete