Double Decker Party Reuben


I've been enjoying these little sandwiches the last few days for lunch, and while the ingredients are not your typical reuben fare, I enjoy this version because of the kick it gets from the spicy mustard and the horseradish. I've been wanting to try them for a long time but didn't take the time to get the stuff together that I needed for them, so a few days ago while I was at the grocery store I thought of it again and soo... here they are! I've tried them cold, baked, on white mini rolls, on the tiny flat wheat rolls and on the cocktail rye bread. I think baked on the latter is my preferred choice although the little 50 calorie wheat bun was good too! Try them, they're delicious!!

At no time have I made a larger amount than 2 or 3 at a time so I'll give you the ingredients and the pictures, and the small amounts I used. :)

Ingredients:


2 Tablespoons Mayo
2 teaspoons horseradish
2 teaspoons spicy southwest mustard
Mix all together and spread on the bread.




Deli Roast Beef
Swiss Cheese, room temperature
Sauerkraut





For the party rye I use 3 pieces of bread and put the meat between the first 2 and the cheese and sauerkrat between the top 2, with plenty of the sauce on each piece of bread. Secure with a toothpick.  Bake, covered @350° for 15 minutes or till heated through and cheese is melted.

Enjoy!!


Be Blessed!

    Ladybird Ln  Simply Designing  grab the code!  Photobucket
<br><br><br><b>Join us every Friday...</b>  Photobucket   

Comments

  1. I could have this for lunch every day!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that sandwich looks soooo good. It has some of my favorite ingredients. I see on your profile that you love to cook well so do I. If you make anything with gingerbread such as cookies, cake, etc. I would love it if you would share it on my Gingerbread Linky Party now until Dec. 12th. Hope to see you there!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely can't do sauerkraut...and I'm German! But, I do love a good Reuben minus the 'kraut. Thanks for sharing! I haven't heard of those 50 calorie wheat buns, but I wouldn't mind trying them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reuben's are delish, and these look just wonderful. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds good! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake

Seasoned Pretzels