Blueberry Lemonade

 
I recently discovered Blueberry Lemonade at the local grocery store. I had to try it, of course, and discovered a refreshing delight. I figured it can't be that hard to make so I gave it a shot and set it before my taste testers. They approved  :) so I'm sharing it with you.
 
It looks more red than the bought stuff does but I suspect food coloring to have something to do with that and I opted not to use any.
 
15 lemons, sliced thin
4 cups blueberries
¼ cup sugar
Stevia,
 amount in personal preference
8 cups ice
20-24 cups water
 
Slice the lemons and place into a large kettle. Add the sugar and Stevia and with your hands squeeze the lemon slices and mix well till a syrup forms. Let set for about 15 minutes. Squeeze lemons again and remove fro the kettle. Remove seeds as well.
 
Blend the blueberries and push through a sieve. Discard pulp and add the liquid to the lemon juice.
 
Add ice and water. Add more Stevia if necessary.
 
 
 
 
 
Enjoy!
 
Serena and I have been enjoying quiet, relaxing days at home. The last few afternoons have been spent reading in the gazebo where the breezes keep us cool. It's so nice to be in the Summer vacation (from school) months! Our high school boys have one more day. They are ready! :)
 
 
♥Blessings to you!♥
 


Comments

  1. I've never had that combination! It sounds wonderful! And I have quite a few cups of blueberries in the freezer. Now I just need lemons! I think the color is lovely, too, just the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds very refreshing after a hot day like today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so refreshing! And such a relaxing afternoon, perfect with the blueberry lemonade! Are those candied nuts? Yums!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Seasoned Pretzels

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake