Grilled London Broil & Some Catching up


Grilling season is here and I thought it would be nice to grill up some of the yummy grass fed steaks we had handy. It's simple but tasty and goes perfectly with a salad and fresh strawberry lemonade.
 
1 cup water
¼ cup white vinegar
2 Tablespoons olive oil
6 turns of dried garlic and
sea salt crystals
½teaspoon each of cumin and chipotle chili powder
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
dash of stevia
2¼ lb. London Broil
 
Combine ingredients for the marinade and place into a gallon sized Ziploc bag. With a fork poke holes in both sides of the steak and place into bag with marinade. Refrigerate several hours turning a few times to make sure both sides absorb flavor. Allow to come to room temperature before grilling.
 
Grill over high heat until both sides are seared then reduce heat until internal temperature is (this one was around 140) remove from the grill and cover with foil for about five minutes. Enjoy!
 
                                                                      
 
Busy is what we have been the last while. Getting all the kids through those last few weeks of school is not always easy. No one is really in school mode anymore when the weather turns warm and beautiful and the ball season starts. But still there are those last few assignments that won't go away on their own. Thankfully, that's over and the Summer is ahead of us for fun things.
 
                               
 
When I think back to a year ago and the Summer we knew we were facing with my FIL ill with cancer I feel ever so grateful that we are not expecting a repeat of that time. Well, really, a repeat of the last whole year would be overwhelming what with my Father also ill with cancer and passing on in March. How very much we miss them both! And grief is something that everyone does different. And because we are human sometimes we misunderstand others in their grief, or they us. So thankful God is always their helping us forward and up.
 
                                 
 
A couple of weeks ago we went to mountains just for a break in routine. We all love it up there this time of the year when everything is fresh and green. We had a lovely time!
 





We came home and resumed our push to the end of the school year and graduation for our oldest son.
 
 
 
 Some days I still feel on the wisdom level of a 20 year old. And please, if you're 20 and you're reading this I mean no offense. Just let me make you aware that there is much to learn and most likely unless you have children you haven't learned it yet. :) How can it be that I/we have a child out of High School?! I like to look back and think about our parents and how they were (looked, acted, etc.) when they were the age I am now and think about what I thought of them and how I perceived them to be and I wonder will my kids ever do this? Does anyone else do this?
 
My sister Becky and some of her family came for this special occasion and we so enjoyed our time together!
 
 
Rachael, Becky, yours truly, and Trisha
 
 
My nephew Jordon has been an inspiration and a true friend to Andre and so it was doubly special that he was here. :)

 
And he has a date set in September with the lovely Trisha. Now if I could only persuade them all to move to Pa my world would be ever so much closer to perfect! :)
 
Have a wonderful afternoon!
Blessings!
 
 


Comments

  1. Such a fun post! Congrats on the graduation too! We have one son and daughter in law that bought a house 5 minutes from ours...we love it! And that London broil is one of my favorites....hmmm....maybe this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great to be able to catch up with you! I'm glad that you're having some fun celebrations after saying goodbye (or see you later!) to your dads. Graduations are so fun and yes, I do that kind of reminiscing, too. It's great fun to see your kids become adults, though...a whole new phase to watch, admire, and appreciate.

    What a cute engaged couple! September is such a lovely time for a wedding!

    You know I've never bought a London Broil! Seems like I always reach for the flat iron! I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely couple they are! and super steak recipe!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Seasoned Pretzels

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake