Butter Pecan Cake

 
I was recently asked to bring 3 cakes to a meal that was being served at our church and completely forgot about it until after I was in bed the night before. After some brief panic I decided to keep it simple because it was also a school morning and the cakes all needed to be baked before I left for church at 9:30. 
 
Thankfully I had a back up Butter Pecan cake mix in the cupboard for one of them, and a recipe to go with it from my SIL Laura that turns it into something special. The caramel topping is fabulous! Luckily I also had the Glazed Pecans in the cupboard that were perfect for a garnish. :)
 

I Butter Pecan Cake Mix
(substitute butter for the oil)
 
 Otherwise mix as directed. Bake in a 10½ X 15½ bar pan for 20-25 minutes. Cool.
 
Middle Layer:
8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup Milk
1 Sm. box French Vanilla Instant Pudding
8 oz. Cool Whip
 
 Mix milk and instant pudding, set aside. Beat cream cheese till fluffy. Add the pudding mixture and beat till smooth. Fold in Cool Whip. Spread over cooled cake. Refrigerate.
 
Meanwhile... the Topping:
½ cup Butter, browned
1½ cups brown sugar
1 cup Sour Cream
 
Place sugar and sour cream in a medium saucepan, set aside. In another saucepan brown the butter till it's golden. Immediately pour over the sugar and sour cream. Stir well and  heat until the sugar is dissolved. Cool completely and spread over the pudding mixture. Garnish with Glazed Pecans.

                                                                       

 

I hope you are enjoying this beautiful Autumn day! Serena and I are enjoying our girl time with the guys at the cabin in the mountains for some hunting. We cleaned the house this morning and did some shopping for a winter coat for her to wear in the barn with her pony and when she tramps through the woods with her brothers. She is also into drawing. Her Dad bought her a book on how to draw horses so she's been practicing a lot. If it's about horses you can pretty much plan on her to love it!

I have some prep work to do yet for some cheesecakes I'm baking for a wedding next weekend and a few things to do outside so I think we will spend most of the rest of the afternoon outside in the sun and wind. :)

Have a blessed weekend!


Comments

  1. three cakes out the door by 9:30am? I am impressed! :) And this one looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Seasoned Pretzels

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake