Chocolate Chip Bars

MMM -YUMMY!


I'm sure there's a million and 1 chocolate chip bars recipes floating around out there but this is what I make when I'm short on time and want something easy that I know will turn out right without a lot of fuss. Saturday was one of those days that most definitely fit into that category! We had a very busy weekend partly due to some miscommunication between my hubby and me (can anyone identify?!) and the day stretched out loooong and... well I'll spare you the details!☺

Our son who loves to work in the kitchen asked if he could help in any way by baking something for me and with the youth group coming here for volleyball on Sunday night the answer was YES!! Bless his sweet heart!! Here he is with his finished product.


He was so pleased when those things disappeared in a heartbeat and everyone enjoyed them! Especially when a few people commented how good they were before knowing that he baked them. It's always fun to see him basking in the glow of his accomplishment! Makes me happy too!

Ingredients:
1-1/3 cups butter, softened
3 cups brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
6 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
2 cups chocolate chips

Mix together butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Add dry ingredients; mix. Add pecans and chocolate chips. Spray a 12 x 16½ baking pan with non stick spray. Spread dough evenly and bake @ 350° for 25 minutes or until done. They are delicious and chewey and are always a hit! Enjoy!!

Be Blessed!
Linked To: Make You Crave Monday, Home Sweet Home, Friday Favorites


Comments

  1. I can relate well to those sort of days!! Your son looks so proud of himself and well he should be!! Lovely recipe and delicious looking bars - YUM!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pinned this recipe. I love easy, go-to recipes that are hard to mess up and taste amazing. Some days I really don't feel like baking something complicated (happening a lot lately since I'm 8 months pregnant!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delish! I love an easy treat. Bars are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look and sound yummy, great job your son did! My son has always been a great help in the kitchen too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a yummy looking dessert. Your son did a wonderful job! Thank you for linking it up at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Seasoned Pretzels

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake