Bacon Wrapped Mango Chipotle Chicken with Fresh Pineapples and Veggies

D-licious!!


round 1

Remember a few years ago when people started marinating chicken for the grill in Italian dressing? Good stuff! We still love that! buuuut, being me, the same thing over and over gets boring, so I've been thinking and looking around, keeping my eyes open for fresh inspiration. Recently at the grocery store I spied some Kraft Mango Chipotle Vinaigrette, and the 'lights' danced a funny jig when I saw this I knew I had to give this a shot. The Chipotle gives it just a little kick but not too much.

. So for round one I marinated some chicken tenders and veggies in this stuff, threaded everything onto skewers with bacon and fresh pineapple chunks and tossed it onto the grill. Voilà!! Delicious!!

Then for round 2 (because we had this two nights in a row ☺) because of the unpronounceable ingredients in the bought stuff I decided it wouldn't be real hard to make my own marinade out of fresh, real food. That turned out equally delicious but I forgot the fresh pineapple :( but I did have red peppers by this time. I had wished for them the night before. ☺ Mushrooms would be another great addition.


round 2

Vinaigrette Ingredients:
1 large mango
1/3 cup olive oil
3 Tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
3 Tablespoons sugar or honey
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 Garlic Clove
2 teaspoons Dried Onion Flakes
1-1½ teaspoons Chipotle Chile Powder
Water, optional, for a smoother consistency

Place all ingredients except water into a blender and blend until smooth. It will be kind of thick. You can use it like this or thin it with a bit of water if you wish to.

3½ lbs. Chicken Tenders, trimmed
cut into 1 inch pieces
1 lb. Applewood Smoked Bacon 
cut each piece into thirds
Chunky Veggies of your choice
-Sweet Onions
-Mushrooms
-Red Peppers
-Grape Tomatoes
and
-Fresh Pineapple Chunks

Set chicken pieces and veggies/pineapple into separate bowls to marinate. Pour marinade over each and toss to coat. Refrigerate. Leave in marinade for several hours. I did mine in the forenoon for supper that evening. Wrap chicken pieces in bacon pieces and place on a skewer along with the marinated veggies and pineapple. Leave a bit of space between to ensure the bacon cooking properly. Grill to your satisfaction and enjoy! Make extra, this makes an awesome quesadilla the next day!!☺

~Be Blessed!~

joining these parties:


Comments

  1. Beautiful, delicious and healthy! What a great summer recipe!
    Thanks for joining ON THE MENU MONDAY!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it when theres pineapple in the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The vinaigrette sounds amazing and the kebabs look tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super recipe - full of flavor
    mary x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great! Mouth-watering even!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. it was very tasy! I have another tasty mango treat for later this week. Yum!

      Delete
  7. Yum, such a delicious and lovely combination of ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to laugh at your intro. Not only do I remember "salad dressing chicken," I ate it at least once a week. My dad is nuts about Italian salad dressing. Marinating chicken in it then grilling was high on his list. Like you, I got bored. Your version is very lively!

    Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks delish! I have featured you on this week's Makin' You Crave Monday. Come by, check it out - and share a new craving too!! ~Crystal, MrsHappyHomemaker.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Martha....I came here to see your blueberry cupcake with swiss meringue buttercream and Like your blog so much I started perusing down and found this recipe. This looks so yummy and I appreciate the recipe. I know my husband would love this. I had never heard of this viniagrette by Kraft before but like you...why not just make it myself. YUM! And those quesadillos...oh wow. They look so good. And I am going to make your swiss buttercream. I appreciate you sharing exactly what you did. The frosting (and muffins) really look good and I've always wanted to try making it. You have given me the courage to try. (smile) Excited to try some of your great recipes/cooking. I am now following you. I really like your blog!!!

    Nann
    atnannstable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake

Seasoned Pretzels