Pumkin Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling



I was in the mood to make cupcakes but bored with brown chocolate (doesn't happen often). I also didn't want to use any time or make extra dishes dirty by making icing so I decided on these yummy ones for a fun change from their milk chocolate cousin. I served them to some guests and as they were leaving two of the little girls mentioned that they wanted a few to take along so I figured they must have been good. ☺
1½ cups mashed pumpkin
(I used 1 pint of home canned butternut squash)
1½ cups sugar
3 eggs
½ cup olive oil
1 cup AP flour
½ cup Spelt flour
1½ teaspoons baking soda
¾ teaspoon baking powder
1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
¾ teaspoon salt
Mix pumpkin, sugar, eggs, and oil together. Add the remaining ingredients. Line a cupcake pan with papers and using a size 30 cookie scoop put 1 scoop into each paper. Put a dollop of filling in the center of each cupcake.
Filling:
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 egg
½ cup sugar
dash of salt
1 cup white chocolate chips
Mix cream cheese and sugar till smooth and fluffy. Add the egg and salt; mix again then fold in the chocolate chips. With a size 50 cookie scoop put a dollop of filling into the center of each.
Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes.
~Be Blessed!~

Comments

  1. I love that idea of the filling instead of frosting! And the combination with the pumpkins sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to have this recipe. My family loves butternut squash so I am anxious to make these muffins. I usually don't like a big breakfast so these would be filling and satisfying.
    Thanks--------Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a delicious treat!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great and healthy too. how we love our sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK! I have been enjoying your blog with my morning coffee, but I am not much of a cook.I am going to google Spelt flour. I think these would be a great dessert for our couples Bible Study!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake

Seasoned Pretzels