Friday, April 13, 2012

Pumkin Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling



I was in the mood to make cupcakes but bored with brown chocolate (doesn't happen often). I also didn't want to use any time or make extra dishes dirty by making icing so I decided on these yummy ones for a fun change from their milk chocolate cousin. I served them to some guests and as they were leaving two of the little girls mentioned that they wanted a few to take along so I figured they must have been good. ☺
1½ cups mashed pumpkin
(I used 1 pint of home canned butternut squash)
1½ cups sugar
3 eggs
½ cup olive oil
1 cup AP flour
½ cup Spelt flour
1½ teaspoons baking soda
¾ teaspoon baking powder
1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
¾ teaspoon salt
Mix pumpkin, sugar, eggs, and oil together. Add the remaining ingredients. Line a cupcake pan with papers and using a size 30 cookie scoop put 1 scoop into each paper. Put a dollop of filling in the center of each cupcake.
Filling:
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 egg
½ cup sugar
dash of salt
1 cup white chocolate chips
Mix cream cheese and sugar till smooth and fluffy. Add the egg and salt; mix again then fold in the chocolate chips. With a size 50 cookie scoop put a dollop of filling into the center of each.
Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes.
~Be Blessed!~

6 comments:

  1. I love that idea of the filling instead of frosting! And the combination with the pumpkins sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A time saver for sure and yummy too!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad to have this recipe. My family loves butternut squash so I am anxious to make these muffins. I usually don't like a big breakfast so these would be filling and satisfying.
    Thanks--------Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great and healthy too. how we love our sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK! I have been enjoying your blog with my morning coffee, but I am not much of a cook.I am going to google Spelt flour. I think these would be a great dessert for our couples Bible Study!

    ReplyDelete