Baked Chicken Flautas, Prayers Needed, and Favorite Spots for Sitting



I needed something quick and easy for a pregame supper so I looked through the fridge to see what my options were and came up with these.

1 whole chicken breast, shredded
1 Tablespoon chopped onion
2 Tablespoons Red Bell Pepper, chopped
4 ounces shredded Cheddar/Jack Cheese
 1 cup loosely packed spinach, chopped
½-1 cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon Taco Seasoning
Red Pepper Flakes
Cumin
8 medium sized flour Tortillas

Mix the first 9 ingredients, add enough sour cream to make the mixture stick together. Divide evenly between 8 tortillas place down the center of the tortilla. Roll tightly and lay on a parchment paper lined baking sheet seam side down. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes, turn and bake until crispy and heated through. I'm usually in a hurry for them to crisp and after turning them I turn the oven temperature to 400° and watch them closely. Serve with Sour Cream and Salsa.
                                                                                                                    

Hope you are all enjoying your July 4th! We as a family would appreciate your prayers for my Father-in-Law who is spending the week in the hospital running tests and waiting for answers. He was given a platelet transfusion yesterday and they did a bone marrow test.

                                                                                                                      

I'm loving the flowers on the deck, the deck itself, and patio right now. The flower pots have filled out nicely and we've been at home to water them properly, (that always seems to help! ☺)  We have lots of fun places to sit for relaxing. Time however is a bit more elusive. It depends what time of the day it is as to where I sit to enjoy it.


I like to sit here after the sun goes down to read or watch the volleyball games down below if there is one in progress. There is a tennis court down below that some youth use whenever the mood strikes.

Outside my kitchen window


I sit here after dark with candles and chocolate ☺ care to join me?


This is where I like to sit in the afternoon before the sun shines in too far. It's a perfect place to cool off away from the sun with the sound of the water fountain and the breezes softly blowing.


Hope you are all enjoying (and keeping cool) your July 4th. The kids have been in and out of the pool trying to stay cool.

~Blessings!~

Comments

  1. oh your porch is so lovely, and those flautas - wonderful. I so hope your father in law is doing well and he will certainly be in my prayers
    Mary oxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your Father-in-Law.
    Your porch looks so inviting. Perfect place for a glass of that citrus mint tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha, I love everything about this post, your recipe, your deck, your flowers, so beautiful ......... and I am praying for your father-in-law. It's funny my f-i-l also went into the hospital and had testing for abdominal pain, he had surgery on Monday and seems to be progressing fairly well. He is 90 so it's still a bit touch and go but we can be praying for each other, how about that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making things from leftovers...sometimes they are the best dishes!

    Hope your father in law is doing better...and they can find out what is wrong. Praying for him.

    Your yard and porches are just lovely. You've done a wonderful job and all of your hard work has paid off. I'm really loving your flower box on the kitchen window!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your father-in-law is doing better now. I love your patio/deck decorations - it looks so bright, cheerful,and welcoming.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Seasoned Pretzels

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake