Bacon Horseradish and Cheddar Cheeseball

 
Ever since this summer when I discovered the bacon horseradish spread at the local grocery store I've had in mind to make this cheese ball for the holidays. It's a very simple concoction with just a few ingredients that is best made at least 3 days ahead of time so the flavors have time to "marry". It can be rolled in whatever you choose like nuts, finely shredded cheddar, or parsley etc. I chose the cheddar because I knew I would have help to eat it if that is what I used. My husband and I have been enjoying little bits of it for a snack or as part of a light meal.
 
12 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
½ cup Bacon Bits
½ teaspoon Smoked Sea Salt
½ c. finely shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 Tablespoons Horseradish, drained
½ Tablespoon sugar
 
Mix together well. Form into a ball and roll into whatever you choose.(nuts, parsley, or cheese)Refrigerate. Best if made 3-4 days in advance. Serve with crackers of your choice.

Have a wonderful day!
♥Blessings!♥

Comments

  1. I could polish off a nice large helping of this right now! That sounds really yummy!

    What did you use for your red cut-out stars? They look so festive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, 'festive' is not a question. that was a typo. lol....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Serena wanted to (and did) eat those right away but that was about all she wanted of this one. lol

      Delete
    2. haha...my Taylor would have eaten the stars, too! What a great idea!

      Delete
  3. Wow! That looks and sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this recipe! I'm always looking for appetizers like this, especially ones that can be prepared ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks wonderful Martha, what time are you serving hors d'oeuvres?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chris, we just finished with them :) there's still a little bit there waiting for you :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake

Seasoned Pretzels