White Chocolate Peppermint Butter Cream Icing


m-m-mminty ☺


I was asked to bake a cake for someone recently and decided on a simple chocolate cake with icing that fits the season. Butter Cream is my current favorite, I'm a bit obsessed with White Chocolate at present and Peppermint seems to be the theme everywhere so I combined the three for a sugary treat.

One word. Yum!

I was recently introduced to Andes Peppermint Crunch. Perfect. And so yummy in cheesecakes and icing, etc. Perfect also as a special little after dinner treat.



1 cup Butter
1 cup Crisco
½-¾ cup White Chocolate Chips, melted
4 cups Powdered Sugar
Peppermint Extract
Andes Peppermint Crunch Candies, chopped

Cream butter and Crisco until smooth. melt white chocolate chips and allow to cool a bit. The butter, Crisco, and chocolate should be about the same temperature so the chocolate doesn't harden when it touches the other ingredients. Beat well. Add extract until it suits your taste and then add powdered sugar until it reaches the right consistency. If it gets too thick add a bit of milk till it's right. Chop the candies and add to the icing and blend together. Spread onto cake, cupcakes, etc. and sprinkle with additional chopped candies if desired.


 
♥Blessings!♥


Comments

  1. Looks yummy! Andes is one of my favourites, I love the choc mint thins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look delicious Martha! I whish you a nice and lovely Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha, this looks fantastic, there's nothing I love more than a good buttercream .............. but with peppermint ................... oh YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Seasoned Pretzels

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake