Sweet and Smoky Baked Beef Boats



I needed something quick and filling for supper last night, and because it was cool and rainy all day and I had a headache most of the day, some comfort food was definitely needed as well.

I needed a few groceries, so while I was at the store I decided to pick up some fresh Bakery Club Rolls and some Chipped Roast Beef and Smoked Cheeses. What could be easier and less demanding than Baked sandwiches? Well, maybe a bowl of fresh fruit with granola with a cup of tea, but that would never work for my guys. :)

These are simple and quick and bake in about 15 minutes. They enjoyed them except for a few minor details. One of them said there was too much roast beef, another didn't like the crusty bread. But the rest of us really enjoyed them! And I liked the crusty bread. :) I guess it's a good thing that not everyone enjoys the same things. It keeps life from getting boring and teaches us to be flexible. :)

You can add Spicy to the title of the one I made just for me because I also added Spicy Southwest Mustard. I also added finely chopped Red Bell Peppers and sautéed sweet onions and mushrooms to mine. YUM!!



8 Bakery Club Rolls
2 lbs. Chipped Roast Beef
Finely diced Red Bell Peppers, optional
Thin sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms, sautéed
Sweet Onion Strings, sautéed
½ cup Sweet Baby Rays Honey BBQ Sauce
½ teaspoon Liquid Smoke
Smoked Swiss, Provolone, and Cheddar Cheeses, shredded
Parsley Flakes

Place chipped beef (I also cut it into smaller pieces) into a bowl. Mix with bbq sauce and liquid smoke. Add the spicy mustard and red bell peppers if you're using that as well.

Slice the rolls down the middle, almost through, widen the cut by tearing it a bit towards the bottom of the cut but not enough to tear it through. Fill them with the beef, top with sautéed mushrooms and onions and sprinkle with the cheese or mixed cheeses and sprinkle with parsley flakes.



Bake @ 350° for 10-15 minutes on a parchment lined baking sheet. Serve immediately.

                                                            
 
We as a family would appreciate prayers for my Father In Law. His cancer has returned and the pain is intense at times. Stop in at www.fleurcottage.blogspot.com and let them know you are praying for them.
 
♥Love and Blessings!♥


Comments

  1. Comfort food at its best!! love the addition of the mushrooms :)
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so yummy! What a great idea! I love easy filling meals like this. Yum!
    So sorry about your dad in law...praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look incredible!! My husband would love those.
    So sorry about your father-in-law.....hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'd sit down beside you & take bires when you're not looking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, not sure how the 'r' got in 'bites' but there it is! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Seasoned Pretzels

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake