Beef and Mushroom Gravy

 
I've been hungry for sautéed mushrooms and onions for quite a while so I figured if I combine it with beef chunks and serve it all over mashed potatoes I could please the big guys and get my fill of mushrooms and onions. It was amazing! So full of flavor, very filling, and just really, really good!
 
4-5 cups beef cubes
(aka stew meat)
1 large sweet onion, sliced
8 oz. fresh Crimini mushrooms, sliced
Olive Oil, for sautéing
salt
pepper
dash of Worcestershire Sauce
1/3 cup Burgundy cooking wine
¾ cup all purpose flour/ water
¼ cup beef bouillon
1 quart water
 
In a Dutch Oven sauté the mushrooms and sliced onion in Olive Oil until they begin to caramelize. Pour in the wine, scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon to deglaze and turn to low.
 
In a separate iron skillet sauté the stew meat in olive oil over medium high heat until browned on all sides. With a slotted spoon remove meat from iron skillet and place into Dutch Oven with the mushrooms and onions. Stir occasionally.
 
In the meantime add 1 quart of water and the beef bouillon to the juices in iron skillet. Heat through. Make a thick white sauce with the flour and water and whisk into the bubbling beef broth. Season with salt and pepper and pour through a sieve into the Dutch Oven. Cover and bake at 335 degrees for one hour. Reduce heat to 275 and bake for another hour and fifteen minutes. Stir several times during baking time to avoid sticking to the bottom of the Dutch Oven.

Serve with mashed potatoes or noodles.
 
 
Be Blessed!

Comments

  1. Mmmmmm~! I bet your house smelled wonderful while that was cooking! That is one of my favorite flavor combinations! Looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making my mouth water. I love dinners like this - I think almost everyone does!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't visited here in a long time...wow, this all looks so good! I am trying to go gluten free for 3 months to see if that helps with my inflammation...not too fun, but do-able!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Seasoned Pretzels

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake