Spicy Yellow Rice


 
If you like spicy and rice in the same dish this will make you happy. I have been enjoying this rice in a variety of ways for the last few weeks and I'm still not tired of it! I love the kick it gets from the red pepper flakes and the chipotle powder and the corn adds just a touch of sweet to it to mellow some of the spiciness.

1 cup Basmatti Rice
1 cup whole Kernel Corn
2 cups water
1½ Tablespoons Butter or Oil
2 teaspoons Dried Parsley Flakes
1 teaspoon Dry Onion Flakes
1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
1 teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Turmeric
¼ teaspoon Chipotle Chili Powder
Peperoncini Slices, optional
 
Place all ingredients except Peperoncini Slices in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Stir and reduce heat to simmer, covered, for 10-12 minutes. Fluff with a fork and enjoy. Makes approximately 4-5 cups.
 
I have enjoyed this rice in wraps, mixed with Fajita Chicken, Taco meat, in salads, or alone. I have yet to try it with a scrambled egg mixed in with a serving of it but I think that would be tasty as well. And it depends what I'm eating it with whether I add the hot pepper slices or not.
 
with lettuce, fajita chicken and sour cream
 
Happy Weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake

Seasoned Pretzels