Homemade Pizza


Making my own Homemade Pizza used to intimidate me because I never felt like I could get it right.After many flops I have finally tweaked it to satisfy me.Everyone has there own way that they like their pizza and that's great. This is how I like it so i will share it with you.

Several years ago when visiting my family in Ohio,my sister Becky invited us over for pizza and I loved the crust that she used so I'll share that here:

                                                       here are the things you'll need:
                                                      1 tablespoon yeast (I use instant)
                                                      1-1/2 tablespoons white sugar
                                                      1-1/3 cups warm water
                          Put these three ingredients in your mixer bowl and let set for 5 minutes,covered.

                                                              Add the following:
                                                       1-1/2 tablespoons oil
                                                       1/2 teaspoon salt
                                                       1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
                                                       1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
                                                       3-1/2 cups flour
Stir in the oil,salts,and oregano.Then add 1-1/2 cups flour and mix.Replace whips with dough hook and add the rest of the flour in increments (sometimes you need it all,sometimes you don't) until a soft,elastic dough is formed.You don't really need to knead it for a certain length of time,just make so that it's well mixed.Let rise in a warm place (I like to turn the oven light on and let it rise in there) till doubled,about an hour.
Punch down dough and roll out (1 lb. pieces for a 14 inch round pizza pan) and fit into a greased pizza pan. 


Let rise again for about 15 minutes or till you can tell that it is rising.If your kitchen is cool it's going to take longer.At this point you can add your sauce and toppings and bake it for 10 minutes @ 490 or you can prebake it @ 350 for 10 minutes without the toppings.After you take it out of the oven you can then add your toppings and bake it @450-475 degrees for 15 minutes or till the cheese is bubbly and starting to brown around the edges.Or you can freeze the crusts for later use,they freeze well.
I had a hard time getting used to the high temperatures but it works,and I think they turn out the best if you bake them quickly.

We enjoy Hawaiian Style Pizza with ham,Canadian bacon,and fresh pineapple.This is Linford's (hubby) favorite.The children enjoy the good old Meat lover's.And I like everything on mine except black olives. Someday I'd like to try the more sophisticated flavors that are available but for now this is what works for us.

I like to shred Mozzarella and Muenster cheeses together and add some Parmesan cheese and Italian seasonings for lots of flavor.

                                                  this was right before it went into the oven

I also like to sprinkle the Garlic and Herb or Italian Seasoning (Perfect Pinch Brand for both) over top of the cheese along with Red Pepper Flakes.

Have fun planning your next full flavored pizza party. :)

Be Blessed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Seasoned Pretzels

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake