Simply Seasoned Spatchcocked Roast Chicken

Tender & Juicy
 

 
Spatchcocked. Not necessarily in my everyday vocabulary but don't let that big word scare you. It's just a fancy term that means you take a roasting chicken and trim away the backbone and then the breast bone so that it is butterflied and you have more roasting surface. You will need a hefty, sharp kitchen shears for this.

 When I went to season it I reached for my favorite seasoning, Perfect Pinch Garlic and Herb, only it wasn't there. I was out of it. So I decided to be very basic with it and used the ingredients that follow.
 
1 stick butter, melted
1 Tablespoon all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon dried Parsley flakes
2 teaspoons Seasoned Salt
7 lb. roasting chicken,
spatchcocked, trimmed, and patted dry
 
Spray a large roasting pan or glass baking dish with non stick spray. Melt butter and stir in the parsley, flour, and seasoned salt. Place chicken in the pan and pour butter mixture over it making sure to cover all the exposed surface. Bake (uncovered) at 425° for 60 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 180° when inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, not touching any bone. Baste with the drippings every 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and allow to rest for about 10 minutes before carving and serving.
 
For a detailed tutorial on how to spatchcock a chicken go to Cookthink. com. Thank you Pam for the directing me there.
 
It's a beautiful day here in Pa. with sunshine and cool temperatures that hint at Fall. Hope your
 day is going well! I just recieved a happy text saying my son passed his driving test. I'm happy that God favored him with a pass and a wonderful instructor! ☺ Way to go Andre! ☺
 
Blessings!


Comments

  1. oh amen...congratulations, Andre!! i'm all smiles! grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks great! Love how golden it is!
    My husband would have to take on the spatchcocking part. Any time I am about to cut raw meat or poultry, my "suppressed vegetarian" gets the better of me. lol

    Congrats to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I can almost smell that chicken!

    You talk about the Perfect Pinch so much, I'm going to have to look for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like perfection to me - I love spatchcock chickens - and yours looks a beauty
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake

Seasoned Pretzels