Almond Chicken Salad



If you enjoy chicken salad and avocados you will love them put together like this. It was a lovely light supper for me today.

3 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
1 cup cabbage, shredded
½ - ¾ cup celery, diced
¼ cup green onions, chopped
½ cup sliced almonds

Dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise
2½ teaspoons mustard
1½ teaspoons sugar*
½ teaspoon salt*
¼ teaspoon pepper*
Milk, to desired consistency

* I substituted Stevia and Herbamare for these.

Combine the first four ingredients in a mixing bowl.


Add dressing ingredients and toss together.


Just before serving add the almonds. Serve in halved Avocados.

Have a blessed weekend!


Link Party   A Little Inspiration  
      Photobucket
BRAMBLEBERRY COTTAGE      Mrs Happy Homemaker
   Ms. enPlace   Between Naps On The Porch

Comments

  1. That looks really good I'd love for you to share this @CountryMommaCooks
    Link party going on now-Sunday...Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two of my fave things-- avocado and chicken! Thanks for sharing and sparking my imagination!

    Visiting from Sisters Of The Wild West Linky Party today,
    ~Suzanne at WhyCuzICan in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I love chicken salad!! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that looks FABULOUS! I can't wait to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!!! I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so delish! Thanks for sharing - visiting from Naps on the Porch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for linking up this weekend @ CountryMommaCooks Link & Greet party..Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep! I love homemade chicken salad AND avocados. Sounds like a terrific idea for lunch...which I'm about to have. ;)

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday each week, Martha!

    Hugs,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking with See Ya In the Gumbo. I like the textures in this chicken salad. Creamy, crunchy...has it all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake

Seasoned Pretzels