Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Crock Pot "Rotisserie" Chicken


It doesn't get any easier than this!

You know those yummy Rotisserie Chickens from the grocery store deli? Tender, juicy, and flavorful they are, but I always wonder what kind of preservatives lurk in all those juices. I've been seeing these around the web and have been making them for a little while now in my crock pot. Such a simple way to get such a moist roasted chicken! I love to have it on hand because of it's versatility...and because seemingly the children's love languages include quesadillas fairly often lately. ha


5 lb. chicken
Olive oil
Seasoning of your choice
I used the Perfect Pinch Rotisserie seasoning.

Remove chicken from it's wrapping and rinse. Pat dry with a paper towel. Spray or rub with olive oil and sprinkle generously with seasoning. Place in crock pot. Spray crock pot with non stick spray and add about 8 ounces of water to the pot.


I don't like if the cooked chicken is in it's juices and I don't have a rack for the bottom of the crock pot so I use these 3 little ramekins. Works like a charm!


Just set the chicken on top. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours. Turns out tender, juicy, and perfect every time.

~Be Blessed~

6 comments:

  1. I will have to try that. Sounds easy and it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to trying this technique.

    ~Mrs. Delightful
    ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I'm looking forward to trying this - thank you much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the sound of this chicken and I especially love recipes that come together this easily. I'll be trying this really soon. I hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a GREAT idea! I usually don't love crockpot chicken because, like you, I don't like how it "stews" in its juices. This is brilliant! I'm gonna try it next week.

    ReplyDelete