Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad



 
I don't remember how old I was when this salad became popular but I would say I was in my early teens or maybe a year or so before. At that time it was served a lot at weddings or wherever there was a gathering of people. It's really is a simple thing to prepare and while there are a lot of variations out there this is the closest to the original that I remember (minus the craisins) and still my favorite.

4 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite sized pieces
4 cups cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces       
½ pound bacon, fried                                            
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded                            
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion                        
½ cup craisins                                                       

For the dressing:                                                    
¾ cup miracle whip                                               
 ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon sugar                                   
1 tablespoon vinegar                                             

Cut bacon into strips. Fry and drain.


Chop broccoli and cauliflower florets into small bite sized pieces, and I only use the tenderest stems and not many of those. I like the floret parts better for this. Chop the onion and shred the cheese. Combine the first 6 ingredients in a bowl, set aside.



Mix dressing ingredients and pour over veggie mixture and toss to coat.


Be Blessed!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Seasoned Pretzels

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake