White Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti


I'm not sure when it was that I became fascinated with Biscotti,but it was sometime in the last few years. I think it intrigued me because it seemed sort of unusual and mysterious to me. I always thought to myself that someday I'm going to learn how to make it. Well I'm pleased to tell you it's one of the easier things to do in this world. It's not mysterious at all. It's simply an Italian cookie that is baked twice. But it is my new favorite thing in the kitchen, and I'm sure I'm not done experimenting. I looked around on the Internet and through cookbooks for good recipes and couldn't quite find what I thought I was looking for, then on Tuesday night my friend Sharon and I were shopping and she mentioned that she goes to Central Market and there's some very good White Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti there. So I Googled that and found this one that I will share. I made a few minor adjustments and I baked them a little longer than I should have because they didn't look dried , not realizing that they harden after you take them out of the oven (think jackhammer, almost), but this only makes them perfect for dipping into a hot drink and they are delicious!!

Yield: About 28
Ingredients:
2½ cups all purpose flour (Gold Medal)
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1½ cups sugar
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temp.
2 large eggs
¾ teaspoon almond extract
1½ cups dried cranberries

6 ounces white chocolate, (I used  Wilbur disks)

Preheat oven to 350°. Line a heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.


Using electric mixer, beat sugar, 2 eggs, and almond extract in a large bowl until well blended.


 Mix in flour mixture, then dried cranberries.


 Divide dough in half. Using floured hands, shape each piece into 2½ inch wide,9½ inch long, 1 inch high log. Transfer to prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly.


Bake until golden brown, about 35 minutes. Let cool until you can handle them and then slice into ½ wide slices with a sharp serrated knife.


Arrange on parchment lined baking sheet.


 Reduce oven temperature to 325° and bake for 10-15 minutes and then take them out of the oven and flip them around and bake again for 10-15 minutes. I baked mine longer than this, but this would be sufficient. Remember if you want them hard enough to be dippers bake them longer. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Melt chocolate in double boiler over simmering water or pop it into the microwave. Just be sure not to make it too hot because it will harden and then it won't drizzle or be good for much of anything. Using a fork, drizzle chocolate over biscotti. Let stand until chocolate sets.

                                          
                    Quite possibly these will be my scrapbooking companions this winter.

                                                                      Be Blessed!

Comments

  1. Sounds very yummy! My sister makes a white chocolate and cranberry bark. Those two ingredients are great, especially during the Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds yummy too! Might have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Seasoned Pretzels

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake