Mexican Salad Dressing


I thought I should post a few salads or salad related things to reasure everyone that I do indeed eat something besides protien, complex carbs, and cookies. ☺

Sometimes I here a voice that says,"Fresh, I need some fresh, live food!" That's my body saying,"I'm over the holidays, I want something real!!" That's when I get hungry for this kind of thing.


This is a simple salad dressing that is a bit like sweet and sour. I'm not exactly sure why it's called 'mexican' unless it's because the onion adds a bit of zip to it.


1 small onion
2/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup canola oil

Put all ingredients into a blender and mix well for a minute or two.

I like to eat it on a salad that uses these ingredients:
Romaine lettuce
Purple onions (Today I used regular ones)
Pepperoncini (It's not possible to add too many of these, just my opinion)
Bacon
Tomatoes
Homemade Croutons


If I make a big bowl of this salad for a potluck I like to add the dressing just before serving. But don't drown the lettuce, the point is to add a little flavor so add just enough to that and mix it well.

Be Blessed!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Seasoned Pretzels

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake