Whole Wheat Bread


I love fresh, warm, homemade wheat bread. This is a recipe my sister Miriam has used for years and hers is always perfect. I used to try and use her recipe but the results were always crumbly and the shelf  life wasn't so great, so I quit making it regularly.

For Christmas my wonderful Husband bought for me one of the essential tools in making this perfect whole wheat bread that is pliable and not dry and crumbly and quite simply  Delicious!!!

It's this beauty right here.


I have wanted one of these Mills for a very long time. I am happy to tell you that it really is true, good things come to those that wait!☺☺☺

Well the wait is over and I'm havin' a ball.

Another tool that makes this process much easier is this baby right here.


I have had my Bosch kitchen machine for 12 years (another birthday/Christmas present from that same wonderful man!) and it still runs like brand new. I love this thing! And it certainly makes kneading bread a breeze!

Another gadget that I use to make bread is a kitchen scale.


I've had this thing for quite a few years too. I'm sure it doesn't look as sleek as the newer models but that is fine with me, my older model works just fine and we are good friends!

Weighing the dough for your bread loaves is important to get it just right for your pan size and for nice, uniform loaves that bake evenly and are done at the same time.

Another favorite of mine for this is stainless steel loaf pans.



*One more handy gadget is an instant read thermometer.


What you will need:



4½ cups warm water, (110°)*
¾ cup olive oil
½ cup honey
3 Tablespoons instant yeast
2 Tablespoon lecithin granules, or
 1½ Tablespoons liquid lecithin
2 heaping Tablespoons wheat gluten
1 Tablespoon salt
12-14 cups wheat flour
Freshly milled flour will bring the best results.
Mill 9 cups Prairie Gold wheat berries for the amount of flour it takes for this recipe.

My new baby in action.☺




And here it is!


Put water, oil, and honey into Bosch mixer.


Mix briefly. Add the next four ingredients.


Mix briefly. Add 6 cups flour.


Mix well.


Add 5 more cups of flour.



Mix well again.



Continue adding flour a ½ cup at a time (with mixer on speed 1) until dough starts cleaning the sides of the bowl.



Mix with lids in place for 10 minutes on speed 1.

Let rest 5 minutes.

Divide dough into five 1 lb. 6 oz. loaves.


Form into a smooth round and place on a lightly sprayed (olive oil spray) surface.



Using a rolling pin roll out into a rectangular (about ¾ inch thick) shape. This is to get the air bubbles out.


Roll up snuggly.



Pinch the ends to the loaf.



Seal (pinch) the ends and tuck underneath.



Place into a greased loaf pan (8½ x 4½) and poke with a fork.



Place into oven to let rise for 1 hour or until loaf is 1 inch above the top of the pan. (I like to turn the oven light on a while before I mix the bread.)


When it is finished rising let it remain in the oven and turn the oven to 300°. Bake for 35 - 45 minutes. If you are not sure it's done a good way to test for doneness is to wet the tip of your finger and lightly (and carefully) touch the bottom of the pan. If it sizzles it is done.

Remove from oven and lightly brush the tops with butter.


Leave in the pan to cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely or put into bags and put into freezer right away.



Be Blessed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Seasoned Pretzels

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake