Balsamic Tomato Salad with Avocado and Fresh Herbs



I was hungry for a lite supper last night and had these ingredients handy so I stirred it together and let it sit for a while to let the flavors blend. Thought about it later that some Feta might have been good in it too but I didn't have any anyway so...

I've been on a White Balsamic Vinegar kick lately. The flavor agrees with my taste buds much better than the regular Balsamic Vinegar. It's lighter in flavor and goes perfect with this recipe. Would it be weird to eat the leftovers for breakfast?

3 ripe medium sized tomatoes, sliced thin
½ medium Sweet Onion, sliced thin
1 Avocado, sliced thin
3 Tablespoons Lite Olive Oil
3 Tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
Fresh Parsley and Oregano, to taste
Sea Salt and Pepper , to taste

Combine in a bowl and give it a stir. Let it sit to let the flavors blend. Enjoy it, it's delicious! I think it would be a perfect topping for a Chef Salad with grilled chicken or beef. Yum!
Head over to Gina's place for a fun Spring giveaway!

Have a Blessed Saturday!

Comments

  1. I love salads like this! Oooh...you'll have to make it with summer garden tomatoes in a few months! Mmmm. Yeah feta would be great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes summer tomatoes would be perfect! I had some bleu and goat cheese in the fridge but forgot those too :( oh well. next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks almost too pretty to eat! I've never tried white balsamic vinegar.

    Thanks for the giveaway shout out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Seasoned Pretzels

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake