Blueberry Lemon Chiffon Trifle



Today is my husbands 40th birthday. I asked him a few days ago what his favorite meal is so I can prepare that for his special day and his answer was, "I really don't know. I like everything you make." Good answer, right?! ☺ He enjoys a good trifle dessert, and I've been wanting to make a Lemon Chiffon Cake (recipe coming later) so I decided to do some of our latest favorites on the grill and this trifle dessert. We had some of his family over last evening for a small celebration, two of his siblings live out of state and one had other plans. So even though they were not all here we still enjoyed his parents and his brother and family who came in honor of his birthday. His big party is coming later.☺

I decided to see if I could lighten up this dessert with less sugar and no fake ingredients (Cool Whip) by using real cream and honey or maple syrup for at least some of the sweetener instead of powdered sugar. I was pleased with the outcome. It was delightfully lemony and not as heavy. The blueberries were a nice addition too.

1 Lemon Chiffon Cake,
cut in 1 inch pieces
1 quart heavy cream, whipped
2 (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup lemon curd
¼ cup honey or maple syrup
Fresh Berries of your choice

In a mixer bowl beat the cream cheese and maple syrup or honey and Lemon Curd until its smooth. In a seperate bowl beat the heavy cream until it's stiff. Add to the cream cheese mixture and fold in until incorporated.

Cut cake into 1 inch pieces and layer with Cream Cheese mixture, Lemon Curd, and Fresh Blueberries. Repeat. The photo above is half of the cake and about half of the cream mixture.


~Be Blessed!~

___________________________________________________________________________


Happy 40th to my wonderful, ever patient husband. The list of positives about him that I could write here is long. I will simply say that the children and I are blessed beyond measure! We love you Lin!!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Comments

  1. Happy b-day to your husband. The trifle looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Mr. Cookie! :D

    This looks heavenly delicious. Please eat some for me!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and it was de-lish!! as was the burgers. & the grilled chicken. & the sauted mushrooms & onions. inded, it was! ma :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your husband! I bet he's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to him! Dinner sounded wonderful and that trifle looks fabulous! Isn't it fun to cook for a hubby that loves your cooking? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake

Seasoned Pretzels