Fiesta Chicken Wraps (Favorite Sunday Lunch)



This is our current favorite for Sunday lunch. The whole family agrees that they are delicious and they are super easy for me because they require very little prep the day before, and who doesn't want a Saturday off?! ☺ I usually try to bake the bacon and wash and crisp the lettuce the day before and have it handy in the fridge. But that is about the extent of planning ahead that is needed.

I don't know about you but I spend a good deal of time in the spice aisles of the local grocery stores looking for something intriguing and different that I haven't tried yet. Recently I discovered the Fiesta Citrus Perfect Pinch Seasoning from McCormick and thought I would give it a try. We really like it on this chicken. We like to use the Applewood Smoked Bacon for these along with a Cheddar CoJack blend of shredded cheese. I like to shred my own since the pre-shredded has an anti-caking agent on it that I don't care for. We also like to use the Sun Dried Tomato and Spinach Tortillas.


I have used fresh or frozen chicken tenders and fresh chicken breasts cut into strips for these and both of them were good except the tenders were probably my favorite over the breasts since they are a bit more tender and seemed to cook in less time. Also I usually try to make extra for salad, wraps, and quesadillas later on.



Today I used 6 whole chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into strips. We used about half of it so there should be some good lunches in the next week if someone wants to join me.☺When layering the strips in the crock pot I like to lay the layers in opposite directions with generous amounts of seasoning on each layer. If possible I like to stir it once or so for more even cooking but it's not an absolute necessity. It's just something I do when I'm here and it's convenient.

Serve with Watermelon and Iced Mint Tea for a super easy and satisfying meal.

Chicken Breasts, cut into strips
or Chicken Tenders
McCormick Fiesta Citrus Seasoning
Shredded Cheese, CoJack and Cheddar blend
Applewood Bacon
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Hot Peppers
Homemade French Dressing
Large Flour Tortillas

Put chicken strips into crock pot with a generous amount of seasoning and cook on low for about 5 hours. Shred slightly with a fork. Place a desired amount of shredded cheese down the center of a tortilla and 2 slices of precooked bacon. Place onto a plate and microwave for 20 seconds or till cheese is slightly melted. Remove; drizzle with dressing and layer with shredded chicken and lettuce, tomatoes, and hot peppers. Wrap it up and enjoy!

Joining the fun here:
makin you crave, on the menu, creative blog hop, see ya in the gumbo, sunday showcase,
~Be Blessed!~

Comments

  1. of course I'll join you for lunch! Better leave now, should I? ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh please do! I'll even throw in some gourmet coffee :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds yummy! I hope you don't mind if I pin this to my recipe board...it will link back here! Thanks for sharing!!
    Sally
    loveofhomes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't mind at all. Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  3. That's my kind of wrap - it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These really sound delicious. I love wraps and know I'd really like these. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd make this for dinner! YUMMY! Thanks for the good word about the Fiesta Citrus Perfect Pinch. I'm going to look for that! Thanks so much fr joining ON THE MENU MONDAY and bringing lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll join you! This is a great idea for a weekend lunch. will have to steal this one!

    Thank you for linking with See Ya In the Gumbo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wraps were one of the most-viewed links from last week's potluck. They will be featured tomorrow night. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake

Seasoned Pretzels