Baked Buttermilk Ranch Cornflake Chicken


There was a box of Corn Flakes hanging out in my cupboard for a long time. The kids prefer the sugar coated variety (I'm just as horrified with that fact as you are) and these were plain so no one ate them. I could have thrown them out but that didn't sit too well with me either, so I decided to roll some chicken strips in them. No one complained. They were actually quite happy to eat them! Served with crispy roasted waffle cut potatoes and a salad they all seemed satisfied... for a max of two hours.

It was actually less time than that when my daughter was in the fridge getting an apple. I made her wait till snack time. AND if you are interested, Son #1 ate 3 eggs, 2 pieces of toast, 2 pieces of bacon, AND a bowl of cereal with milk for breakfast this morning before school and was wishing for orange juice! And sometimes I wonder what I'm doing wrong when the grocery bill rivals the national debt. Well, maybe not quite that bad but... anyway, moving on to the real reason for this post.

1 small box Corn Flakes, crushed
1 stick butter, melted
2 teaspoons Ranch Dressing Mix
(or seasoning of your choice)
Mix together and set aside.

3½ lbs. Chicken Tenders or
chicken breasts cut into uniform strips

2 cups buttermilk
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Ranch Dressing Mix
Freshly ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper, a few twists of each

Place chicken strips into a gallon sized resealable bag. Mix the next 4 ingredients and pour over chicken. Refrigerate for several hours to a day. Drain in a colander and roll in Cornflake crumb mixture. Place onto a cookie sheet (not touching) lined with parchment paper. Spray the paper with nonstick spray.

Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes.

Sweet Blessings to you on this beautiful day!


Comments

  1. Looks awesome!! I'm pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect!!! cornflakes and ranch - I love it!!!
    MARY X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those chicken fingers look extremely good! makes me want to jump through the laptop and eat these right now. Crispy juicy delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake

Seasoned Pretzels