Golden Raisin Sticky Buns

 
When I was younger and living at home my Mom used to make these with Pecans and we would call them Pecan Rolls. But when I got married and moved to Pennsylvania I discovered they call them Sticky Buns and bake them with raisins. They also make them with Pecans but since my family prefers them with raisins that is how I bake them. I usually put Pecans on one, just for me ☺. I don't really care for the way they look with the dark raisins so I prepare them with Golden Raisins. I think they look a bit more appetizing this way and the flavor isn't altered. 
 
1 Tablespoon dry Yeast
(I used instant)
¼ cup warm water
 
Combine in a small bowl and stir till all the yeast is wet. Set aside.
 
1 cup milk, scalded
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4-4½ cups all purpose flour
2 eggs
1 cup quick oats
1/3 cup butter,
melted 
 
Filling:
½ sugar
½ brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
 
In a mixer bowl combine the sugar and salt. Pour scalded milk over sugar and salt. Add 1 cup flour;
stir. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and add to the yeast mixture along with the quick oats; stir together. Add this to the milk mixture in the mixer. (tongue twister?) Add flour to form a soft dough. Last add the melted butter and knead for 10 minutes. I never think this is going to work, but it does. I did end up kneading it by hand a little on a floured surface because I enjoy working it by hand. Place in a greased bowl, grease the top of the dough as well. Cover and let rise in a warm place till doubled. About 45-60 minutes. I placed it into the oven with the light on inside.
 
Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the gooey syrup for the bottom of the pan.
 
6 Tablespoons butter
6 Tablespoons dark corn syrup
¾ cup brown sugar
 
Bring to a boil over low heat. Boil for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is completely dissolved. Divide evenly into 2 (9 inch) round pans. Make sure they are sprayed with non stick spray.
 
Place a heavy layer of Golden Raisins, Regular Raisins, or Pecans over the syrup.
 
 
When the dough is finished rising, divide equally into 2 pieces. Roll out into a rectangle (approximately 18 X 5 inches) on a lightly greased surface. Brush dough with water, just enough to make it wet so the sugar/cinnamon mixture sticks to it. Roll into a log. Cut into 1 inch pieces. Pinch seam together and place on top of the syrup/raisin mixture

 
Cover and let rise again until doubled.

 
Bake @350° for 20-25 minutes. When done baking invert onto a plate right away.
 
 
♥Blessings!♥
 

Comments

  1. That looks so delicious. It's certainly looks like a perfect fall treat as well. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! I've heard of sticky buns but have never heard of the raisins on the top! HA. Isn't it funny how just one state over and things are different? The first time Taylor went to visit Lauren's family they had ham loaf that he kept talking about. We have never heard of it!

    Now I must make some cinnamon rolls. I may do some with golden raisins! They look very autumnal, too! yum.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake

Seasoned Pretzels