Mushroom Garlic and Rosemary Roast

 
A friend recently gave me a big bag of fresh Baby Bella mushrooms. She drives past the mushroom houses on her way to and from work so they are super fresh and delicious! Love those little things! but I knew I would never "sell" them to my family. So I decided to saute them with some fresh pressed garlic and rosemary leaves and put them through the blender with some beef broth to make a thick "gravy" that I could use to bake a chuck roast in in the crock pot. The flavor was there but not the mushrooms. I liked it too that it was thick without the addition of flour, although it did thin a bit as it cook in the crock pot with all the moisture and juices from the meat.

too pretty and yummy to blend, but...☺
 
3-3½ lb. chuck roast
Coarse Sea Salt
Freshly Cracked Pepper
 
Generously season both sides of the roast; set aside.
 
4 cups Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
6 Garlic Cloves, fresh pressed
Fresh Rosemary leaves
1/3 cup Burgundy Cooking Wine
2 cups Beef Broth
 Olive Oil
 
Put olive oil into saute pan and brown the roast on all sides over high heat. Place roast into crock pot. Add a bit more olive oil to the pan and saute mushrooms over medium heat until they are beginning to brown around the edges. Toss in the fresh garlic and rosemary leaves and continue to saute till mushrooms are done. Place into blender.
 
Return pan to the burner and deglaze with the burgundy wine scraping bits off the bottom. Continue to cook and stir until wine is reduced to about a Tablespoon or so. Add beef broth and whisk. Place some of the mixture in the pan into the blender with the mushrooms and blend until smooth. Pour into pan and heat through. Pour this over the roast in the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or till the roast is tender. Remove roast from the gravy and wrap snugly into a large piece of foil and allow it to steam for 30 minutes.
 
My son called it amazing! I'm sure he WOULD be amazed if I would tell him that he ate mushrooms! I will keep my happy little secret and continue on! ☺ Kind of obvious that he/they never read(s) this blog, eh? ☺ 
 
This would have been perfect to serve with mashed potatoes but because that was what we had the night before as a side dish I kept the mushroom gravy for another use and served the roast with something else.

 
♥Blessings!♥

Comments

  1. oh yum....The Mister would eat that whole skillet full of bellas! We love them made just like that and they are so good with beef. My mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha, this sounds fantastic. My son doesn't like mushrooms either. I'm going to try this and see what happens :) I love all the ingredients you've got in here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Seasoned Pretzels

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake