Strawberry Tree



I first saw one of these in a cookbook several years ago and was impressed and thought I would have to try it sometime. So last year when we had family and friends here on Christmas Day I finally made one. I loved it! It was beautiful!

This year I decided I would take one to my in-laws as part of my dessert offering.

Christmas morning came and with it a foggy feeling for me (a cold and cough I can't seem to shake), so I didn't quite do with my strawberry tree what I had hoped but I think my hubby's family enjoyed the end result all the same. ☺

The picture you see at the top is the one I did last year and the following ones are from the one I did a few days ago.

I started out with about 4 quarts of strawberries and some semisweet chocolate chunks (or chocolate chips). Wash and dry the strawberries well. Melt the chocolate in the microwave and start dippin'.


I did these the evening before. For the best results it would have been best to do them in the morning but because I knew time would be precious I tried to work ahead a little.

I had bought a 12 inch styrofoam cone at a craft store and covered it with tin foil.


It's really quite simple. Using toothpicks and starting at the bottom stick them into the cone at a slight upward angle, and put a strawberry on each toothpick working your way around the cone in rows till you reach the top.


It works best if you can buy fruit that is uniform in size. They look pretty drizzled with white chocolate over the dark or dipped in white chocolate with sprinkles. Make it yours with whatever combo you choose.

I think other Holiday themed ones would also be beauitiful, such as 4th of July, Easter, etc. Also birthday themed ones would be kinda cool. Have fun!
Linking to:
Be Blessed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake

Seasoned Pretzels