Peanut Butter Crunch Truffles


I remember these from when I was a young girl at home. My Mom always made delicious Christmas treats much to the delight of all of us!! The original recipe does not have Rice Krispies in it. If my memory serves me correctly (and this is not something to set in stone ☺) it was after I was married that I found a recipe that had the Rice Krispies in it and I haven't made them without since. They add a delightful crunch with all the sweetness.

2 sticks butter, softened
2 cups peanut butter, room temperature
½ teaspoon salt
4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
3 - 4 cups powdered sugar
melted chocolate for dipping

Mix peanut butter, butter, and salt in a mixer bowl.


 Stir in some of the powdered sugar,


 Add rice Krispies cereal.

                                                                    

Add more of the powdered sugar until you have a nice handling consistency. Using a cookie scoop (size 80 or 100) drop them onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Set in a cool place till they are firm before dipping them in melted chocolate. Return to baking sheet until chocolate is completely set before storing them in an airtight container. My favorite of these are the ones dipped in white chocolate.

Enjoy!

Be Blessed!

Comments

  1. All good links, thanks, Martha. Do pop back and look at some of the other links - there are already 35!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Seasoned Pretzels

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake