Creamy Potato Soup with Venison Sausage


 It's cold and windy today. The rain took our pretty snow away over night and we are back to a lack luster winter landscape. I wanted to prepare something that would warm up the ones that had to work outside today. I had some leftover mashed potatoes in the fridge and I'm always looking for ways to quickly use the venison meat in the freezer. This pot of soup worked well to use up the taters and some of the sausage. It's full of yummy flavor and I think it will hit the spot!
 
2 Tablespoons butter
¾ cup chopped sweet onion
¾ cup chopped celery
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried parsley
3 pints chicken broth
1/3 cup finely shredded carrots
2½ cups prepared mashed potatoes
3½ cups cooked, crumbled
bulk venison sausage
½ cup heavy cream
salt and pepper, to taste
 
Saute the onion in butter till they are soft, add the celery, basil, and parsley. (If you have the fresh herbs on hand that would be great. I didn't so I used the dried). Continue to sauté till the celery is mostly soft.
 
Pour one pint of broth into the blender and add all of the onion/celery mixture except 1/3 cup. Blend and pour into a soup kettle. Add the rest of the ingredients except the heavy cream and heat through. When it's good and hot add the heavy cream and stir. Don't let it boil.
 
Enjoy!
 
                                                                                    
 
Here are a few of my recent favorite photos of Nature. I hope you enjoy these too! :)
 
 Winter Sunset
 
My recent visitor!! I was so excited!
 
And a few days before one of his younger kin was circling around above us! I love the common birds (well, most of them) but I get excited when I see the more unusual ones around here.
 
These are always favorites too. I think he's trying to tell me something but I don't understand bird speak.
 
♥Blessings!♥


Comments

  1. That soup looks creamy and filling! Perfect comfort food!

    You have an eagle? How cool is that???

    I saw our hawk yesterday. Just a young thing but sure wanted a sparrow for lunch! He was gone before I could snap a picture but I'm sure he'll be back!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake

Seasoned Pretzels