Heathier Choice Dark Hot Chocolate

 
It's a beautiful snowy day outside and a laid back, cozy day inside today. Perfect for Hot Chocolate but I wasn't in the mood for the mix with all the artificial things in it so I concocted my own version with better choices. It was rich and yummy!
 
½ cup heavy cream
1½ cups water
2 Tablespoons dark cocoa powder
2 Tablespoons coconut sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon almond extract
Stevia, to taste
Dash of Cinnamon
Whipped Cream, for topping
 
In a small saucepan combine all the ingredients except the Whipped Cream. Heat till scalding. Pour into two cups and serve with a dollop of Whipped Cream and Cinnamon.
 
 
                                                                            
 
 
We did a lot of bird watching and just before dusk a bevy of beauties (blue birds) showed up! I can never get enough of them!!
 
 
...and the Cardinals were in abundance.
Gorgeous!!
 
 

 
Everything is better-
"In the company of friends."

 
I have several of these Roosting Pockets around and the birds faithfully use them during the nights. Especially if they are at a cozy out-of-the-wind kind of place.
 
"Dutch Blitz"
 
Do any of you play this game?
 It's a game I remember playing when I was young with my sister Miriam (when she wasn't reading). She read... like...A LOT!! CONSTANTLY! ALL THE TIME!! You get the picture? :) She would go outside and hide behind the farm equipment so no one could find her and read for hours!! I guess she knew where she was headed. She is married to an Editor/Publisher.
 
Lucky for me, I had an active imagination and playing by myself wasn't much of a problem. As I recall I "cooked" for a whole line up of dolls and teddy bears and was usually in "my kitchen". Funny how some things don't change. I'm still in my kitchen cooking for a doll(s) and teddy bears. Haha :)
 
Stay Safe... and warm.
My Volunteer Firefighter Husband and Sons are hanging out at the Fire House in case they get a call. The snowy roads are not conducive to getting anywhere quickly.  The rest of us are staying cozy here at home.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 

Comments

  1. That hot chocolate looks wonderful! I've made it from scratch a few times. It really doesn't taste like the mix, does it? ha.

    I have never played that game!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake

Seasoned Pretzels