Lemon Raspberry Layer Cake

 

 
If you enjoy the flavors of lemon and raspberry you're in for a treat. And I promise it won't be a time consuming thing to make!
 
I started with a white cake mix and added whole eggs, softened butter in place of the oil and buttermilk in place of the water. Divide evenly into two 8 inch (parchment lined and non stick sprayed) cake pans. Bake as directed. Remove from the oven and run a sharp knife around the edge. Invert onto a piece of waxed paper on a wire rack. Allow to cool completely.
 
Cut each cake in half and proceed to fill.
 
For the Lemon filling I used this Lemon Curd recipe with the addition of sour cream to tame the tanginess of the lemons. The raspberry filling is Smucker's Simply Fruit (spreadable fruit).
 
Refrigerate until firm.
 
The icing is my favorite. Basic Buttercream with the addition of raspberry Smucker's Simply Fruit. I'm not sure how much I added but add enough to make it a pretty color. It will improve the flavor as well. :)
 
 
 
1 cup shortening (Crisco)
1 cup soft butter
8 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons clear vanilla
milk, to desired consistency
 
Beat until fluffy.
Extra icing can be stored in the fridge for quite a while.
 
Garnish as desired. 
 
♥♥♥
 
Happy weekend!


Comments

  1. That is such a pretty cake and I love that flavor combination! I'd eat a slice of that right now! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks simply delicious! I love raspberry and lemon together. On this cold, snowy day, this gives me hope of summer to come! This is the cake that I want for my own birthday cake in July. Trust me though, I will not wait till then to make it. I may have to come up with a reason to make this in the next week! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, looks like a special occasion cake to me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake

Seasoned Pretzels