Family Favorite Cheesecake



 I was in the mood for a fruity cheesecake and thought of this one that my sister calls their family favorite. It's good with any fruit topping you choose and today I chose black raspberry. Yum! We were not disappointed!

 We have had it with cherry topping  (July 4th Cookout) as well which is also delicious! ☺


And pretty!

 Because of helping at a fundraiser on Saturday it was actually pretty late in the evening when I baked it and my sweet daughter Serena wanted to help even if it meant washing the dishes.She is an independant little girl and is sure she can do anything there is to do!! She reminds me so much of me when I was her age. I was a hands on girl and wanted to do everything my Mom did in the kitchen or in her gardens, and I was equally sure that I was capable to do anything that needed done. I'm sure I took a lot of patience but  Mom was gracious, at least most of the time!☺


For the Crust:
2½ cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup butter, melted

For the Cheesecake:
3 (8 oz. each) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1½ cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 eggs, separated

For the topping:
½ cup sour cream
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup whipping cream, whipped

In a small bowl combine cracker crumbs, sugar, and cinnamon; stir in melted butter.

 Mix well and press into bottom and up the sides of a greased 8 inch Springform pan. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Reduce oven heat to 300°.

In a mixer bowl combine cream cheese and sugar and vanilla, beat until smooth.

unwrapping the cream cheese


 Add the egg yolks;

separating the eggs

beat on low only until combined. In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until soft peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture.



Pour over crust and bake for 1 hour. Turn oven off and prop the door open with a wooden spoon handle for an additional hour. Allow to cool, then refrigerate until completely chilled.

Combine the sour cream, sugar, and vanilla; fold in whipped cream. Spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. Remove from pan and serve with your favorite fruit topping.  or enjoy it plain.


Some of us ate it plain and some of us enjoyed it with the black raspberry topping. Son number 3 that ate it plain declared it amazing from one end to the other and suggested putting the fresh fruit on top that I have on the Fruit Tart in one of my recent posts. It's delicious and fluffy!

Linking to:
Hodge Podge
Cupcake Apothecary
Foodie Friday
So Sweet Sundays
Sweet Indulgences Sunday
The Tattered Tag
Savory Sunday
Brambleberry Cottage
Wicked Wednesday
Be Blessed!

Comments

  1. This is one of my goals in life - to learn how to make a classic cheesecake. It looks absolutely delicious. Thank you for sharing it on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cheesecake looks delicious.. I would love to be able to make one. What an amazing cook you are and I just want to pick up a piece and eat it. Yummy! And thanks so much for stopping by my blog.
    Marianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy...I want a piece of that right NOW! Your little Serena looks so sweet making the cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh this looks wonderfully tasty! Thanks for linking up to Savory Sundays!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so good, and cheesecakes are people pleasers too. You have a nice helper. You are invited to link up your recipes to my Monday and Thursday blog parties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how focused your helper was! I've been craving a cheesecake for some time now and I believe this is the answer! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delicious--my husband would love this! Thanks for sharing. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo that is a pretty cheesecake. I love the sour cream topping you have on it. Perfect for July 4th with the red, white and blue thing going on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have an award for you. :-)
    http://joyofdesserts.blogspot.com/2011/05/lovely-blog-award-from-marelie.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty and yummy i'm sure!! Also wanted to stop by and let you know you are featured on 2 Maids a Baking this week!!

    Http://twomaidsamilking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy these moments with your daughter whenever you can...time goes so quickly. My baby girl is 27 and it seems like just yesterday she was a little girl helping me in the kitchen. Oh and the cheesecake looks divine! I have never seen one so full and thick...great pictures too. Have a good week! ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cheesecake is always a favorite here too! Love your little helper! Thanks for sharing this at the Home Sweet Home party!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. our family loves cheesecake with none loving it more than our son in law love your recipe come visit me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy! Linking this up with us made the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop better and more special. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH MY HEAVENS!!! I am pretty sure I gained 10 lbs just drooling over this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum!! I'm doing a link party again and would love it if you'd link up one of your delicious looking treats! (My last one you hit one of the Top 3 spots with your Raspberry Chiffon cake, which looked incredible!)

    http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/2011/05/whisking-wednesdays-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm having another Themed Baker's Sunday and this week's theme is cheesecake! I'd love it if you linked up this recipe or another cheesecake recipe!
    http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com/search/label/A%20Themed%20Bakers%20Sunday
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love this red white and blue cheesecake, so clever!

    happy july 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a stunning cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake

Seasoned Pretzels