Parmesan Pasta with Asparagus


I have a friend from church that brings this dish to our Spring potlucks at church and she was kind enough to share the recipe with me. Thanks Mim! It is delicious! and although the recipe says to serve immediately* after you mix it together I think it's better to put it into the crockpot for an hour or so till the oil and the parmesan flavors have been absorbed into the pasta. My crockpot has a *Warm* setting and that is perfect for this.


Ingredients:
10 garlic cloves, minced
½ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes, or fresh red pepper
4-6 dashes hot pepper sauce
½ cup olive oil
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Lbs. fresh Asparagus, washed and trimmed
Salt, to taste
Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
½ - 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 lb. angel hair pasta, al dente

Trim asparagus and set aside. In a saute' pan, saute' garlic, red pepper flakes, and hot pepper sauce in oil and butter for 2-3 minutes. Add asparagus, salt, and pepper.


 Saute' until asparagus is crisp - tender. Pour over hot pasta and add parmesan cheese; mix well.



 Serve immediately.*

Linking to:
Savory Sunday
Keep It Simple Sunday
Made It Monday
Sharing Sundays

Be Blessed!

Comments

  1. Super great recipe!! Thanks for sharing. I am happy to be your newest follower. Please stop by for book club if you're interested--connie, measuredbytheheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh these look great! thanks for sharing them and linking up at Savory Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks tasty! And with just the right amount of kick from the red pepper flakes and hot sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pasta dishes and this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this looks so yummy. I love the idea of putting it in the crock-pot on warm. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog!! I am definitely going to be your new follower :) I would love it if you followed me to @ for-the-luv-of.blogspot.com that would be great :) I am just starting out, but I am excited to share new recipes, crafts, and makeup.. And Giving away giveaways on mineral make-up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking 2 nice ones in to Food on Friday. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake

Seasoned Pretzels