Fruit Tart

Aahhh, fresh fruit at last!


As in fresh fruit that tastes the way it's supposed to when it's in season. It's part of the reason I come out of hibernation each year.


This was always a treat when my Mom made it when I was still at home. It's simple and doesn't demand too much of your time and the crust can be prepared a day or so before assembling the whole thing. Another plus is that it can be made with an assortment of fruit of your choice and if fresh isn't available the canned variety is good too.

I made it because the weekend is here and because I like how colorful it is and because it's Mother's Day. And because I haven't blogged about anything for a week and I missed you all! So without further ado here it is.



For the crust:
½ cup cold butter, grated
½ brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1-1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 egg, beaten
Mix the dry ingredients together and grate the cold butter over them. Using a pastry cutter, mix until fine crumbs form.


Add the egg.

I have a confession to make here. I didn't realize that I had forgotten to add the egg till I sat down to type this. But the egg really should be in there. I can tell you though that the crust I made WITHOUT the egg is super thin and sturdy and delicious!

Press into a greased 10 x 15 inch pan and bake @ 350° for 10-12 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE! Allow to cool completely.



F or the topping:
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
½ cup powdered sugar
12 ounces Cool Whip
Spread evenly on top of cooled crust.


Arrange your choice of fruits on the topping.


For the glaze:
¾ cup pineapple juice
¾ cup canned peach juice
¾ cup canned pear juice
Bring to a boil and thicken with clear jel or corn starch. Allow to cool and spread over fruit.


yum!


Linking to:
The Tattered Tag
Brambleberry Cottage
So Sweet Sunday
Savory Sunday
Home Sweet Home
Sweets For Saturday
Anything Related
Two Maids A Baking
This Weeks Cravings
Mommy D's Kitchen
Swing Into Spring
Idea Sharing Wednesday
Made It Monday
Monday Desserts, MMM
Foodie Friday
I'm Lovin' It Wrap Up
Home May'd

Summer Cookout Food
Creative Bloggers Hop
Be Blessed!



Comments

  1. Yum! what pretty dish to display on a table

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds and looks so delicious! I'm going to try your recipe--I make one similar called fruit pizza with a carmel topping. Have a lovely Mother's Day! Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so delicious & it's pretty to look at as well. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up!! This looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks delicious I love how when it is sliced the colors appear nearly geometric come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking tart!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That tart looks super refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks YUMMY!!! Thank you so much for visiting and for your sweet comments! Hope you have a wonderful week!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is as pretty as it is yummy! Love the color in it. thanks for linking this up!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. that tart looks so colorful, cheerful and delicious!
    I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day and I wish you a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is soooo pretty!!! I love fruit!! This is going on my make list! Thanks for linking up to 2 Maids a Baking!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my GOODNESS! I have got to try this! I can't think of a better way to use all of my favorite summer fruits. :)

    Thanks for sharing with So Sweet Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Beautiful fruit tart! I need to make this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful tart! And the glaze sounds delicious.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on getting your recipe featured. It looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks so yummy! I love fruit tarts. I have never thought of grating cold butter when you're making pastry dough. I make scones a lot (check out my recipe for Starbucks' Vanilla Bean Scones) and usually I use a pastry blender but this might be easier!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks so pretty and yummy. Great desert for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's only 7 am but that looks absolutely amazing! All that fresh fruit sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am popping over from Rhoda's recipe party. Hope you enjoy my orange muffins (link #99.)

    This fruity recipe looks so delicious. and fun.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have made a version of this before and love it, but yours is extra pretty with your arrangement of the fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm glad to hear the crust still turned out even without the egg. That sounds like something I would do. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake

Seasoned Pretzels