Bacon and Cheddar Cheese Burgers (with Shredded Zucchini)



Things have been kind of quiet on here for a few weeks, but we are working hard to finish our big basement remodel project in time to host our youth group Valentine Supper in a few weeks. Hopefully by next weekend we will have it finished! We are super excited about this! For that reason and because hubby and I are avoiding (95% of the time) sugar, white flour, and dairy for a while, cooking has been a bit different here lately. Lots of salads, lean meat, and fresh fruits and veggies. It has been affecting the way I prepare food for the children too. We all feel much better and I find the only thing I really miss is chocolate. ha

The 90% lean ground beef was on sale at the local grocery store so I decided to work ahead a bit and get a 10lb. bag and mix it right away for cheeseburgers or mini meat loaves and put them in the freezer. I used fresh shredded zucchini and was very pleased that the burgers were quite moist and juicy.

10 lbs. 90% Ground Beef
3 cups Zucchini, shredded
5 Eggs
6-7 shakes Worcestershire Sauce
Black Pepper

Mix by hand (with gloves) and shape into balls. Weight for each one was around 6-7 oz. Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and freeze. Then store in a large resealable bag.



For the cheeseburgers:
I browned them in Grapeseed Oil and placed a piece of prepared bacon on each and topped them with shredded Cheddar/Monterey Jack cheeses that I had tossed Tastefully Simple Bacon Bacon Seasoning and Parsley Flakes for a very tasty burger served with lettuce! In case you feel like you need to check up on us, hubby and I ate ours without a bun. :)  just clarifying.

Your upcoming week will be filled with Blessings. Take time to notice them and jot them down and/or share the list with someone. You may inspire them to make a list of their own. And it is fun (and encouraging) to look back and remind yourself (with your handwritten testimony) of God's Goodness to you.
 
 
Linking to:
♥

Comments

  1. I love the 90% lean ground beef! If you don't over cook it, it isn't dry and I love that there isn't a ton of fat to drain!

    Can't wait to see the basement project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog over at Ms enPlace. I love that this 1. makes a lot 2. uses fairly lean beef 3. has the added nutrition of zucchini 4. and of course, it has bacon! Pinned to try! I'm a new follower on Facebook - I'm looking forward to seeing more delicious recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adding zucchini is really interesting, Martha. Makes sense to do for moisture, but I like that it also adds a health factor to burgers. (Of course it's the bacon cheese topping that draws me in though!)
    Good luck on the basement re-do!
    Thanks for linking this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake

Seasoned Pretzels