Lemon Blueberry Tart (Gluten Free)

My husband's family was together for Christmas this weekend and I had volunteered to do the desserts. Because of some family members being on a Gluten/Grain Free diet I thought it would be a good idea to make something they can enjoy too. Knowing that lemon is a favorite for one of them I decided to try my hand at preparing this Tart from the Deliciously Organic. And I had a brand new Tart pan I was looking forward to using :). It turned out very well. It had an intense lemon flavor but the berries on top did a really good job of taming it down. My pan was slightly bigger than the one called for so I increased the crust recipe and I wanted the filling to reach the top so I increased it also. The Toasted Honeyed Coconut that goes into the crust and that I sprinkled over the top is better than candy!

Honey Sweet Toasted Coconut:
½ cup finely shredded unsweetened Coconut
3 Tablespoons Clover Honey

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat the honey (I used the microwave) till it is a thin liquid. Pour over the coconut and mix well. Spread evenly onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for about 8 minutes or until golden. Cool.

For the crust:
3 cups Almond Meal
3 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
¾ cup Honey Sweet Toasted Coconut
¾ teaspoon unflavored gelatin
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
10-12 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter,
cut into tablespoons

Place almond meal, coconut flour, dried coconut, gelatin, and sea salt into a food processor. Pulse to combine. Add butter and process until dough forms a ball. Place dough onto a large piece of plastic wrap and spread into a 10 inch disk, wrap tightly. Chill dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, mine was in longer because of time being elusive. Remove dough from the wrapping and press into an 11 inch Tart pan. (on the bottom and up the sides) Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden.

For the Filling:
2 sticks Unsalted Butter, room temp.
1½ cups Clover Honey
8 large Eggs
6 Egg Yolks
1/3 cup Lemon Zest
1 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
¼ teaspoon Sea Salt

Place the butter and honey into a mixer bowl. Beat until smooth. On low speed add eggs and egg yolks one at a time, then add the zest, lemon juice and salt. It looks very curdled but no worries!

Pour lemon mixture into a medium saucepan and cook over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes until thick. Cook, whisking continuously, until the mixture reaches 175 degrees. (use an instant read thermometer)  DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL. Pour into a bowl and allow to cool for approximately 20 minutes.

Pour into prepared crust. Cover with parchment paper and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until chilled through.

For the topping:
1 cup Heavy Cream
2 Tablespoons Clover Honey

Berries of your choice
Honey Sweet Toasted Coconut,
for sprinkling on top

In a mixer bowl beat the heavy cream while slowly adding the honey and beat until soft peaks form. Spread over cooled filling and top with berries.

 
♥Blessings!♥
 
Linking to:

Comments

  1. How lovely! I love really intense lemon flavor! The crust sounds scrumptious, too!

    Blueberries are on the top 20 healthy foods list, did you know? Saw the list on pinterest this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very nice dessert that satisfied a sweet tooth but didn't leave you feeling stuffed. Berries are some of my favorite fruits! How nice that they're also in the top 20! :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, in the top 20! In fact, 19 of them I love..the other one, edamame is the only one I haven't eaten.

      Delete
  2. ...& it WAS yummy! thank you for having this 'legal' dessert for my honey! :) ma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and it's still here in the fridge! I'll send it to work with Lin tomorrow :)

      Delete
  3. What a lovely tart! And it sounds great with added coconut for the crust! Must be really fragrant!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha - what can I say!! this is absolutely beautiful - it's just begging "eat me!"
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  5. As soon as I saw the name, I loved this, it sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up this week, Martha. You are sweet to make a dessert fitting for people on restricted diets. Lemon & blueberry is a combo I've only discovered within the past few years--really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so delicious and beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is beautiful- a real statement dessert. It looks like it could have been made at a fancy bakery. Kuddos! If you'd like to join the Photo Friday Blog hop, we'd love to have you there!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake

Seasoned Pretzels