Martha's Dark Hot Chocolate Mix

 
 The Children love a good cup or two of hot chocolate when it's cold outside and I was out of mix so I decided to concoct my own with, ahem, less sugar. I say less sugar because I left out the powdered sugar these recipes typically call for but one would never know that the sugar is reduced. The instant vanilla pudding, dry creamer, and Nestles Quik make sure of that. And while I'm aware that this doesn't have health benefits like, say, spinach and kale, it IS really good and dark chocolate has health benefits, right? :) I know, grasping at straws here. I love the thickness that the pudding adds and makes it seem less like you're drinking flavored water and I love the full bodied chocolate flavor that the dark cocoa powder gives it. And it DOES have less sugar. Remember that! haha
 
5 (3.2 oz. each) pouches Carnation
Dry Milk Powder
10.9 ounces Nestles Quik
2 large boxes Instant Vanilla Pudding
½ cup Dark Cocoa Powder
15 ounces Powdered Creamer (French Vanilla)
¼ teaspoon salt
3 cups Micro Mini Marshmallows
 
Put all ingredients into a large bowl and stir with a wire whisk until well mixed. Store in an airtight container.
 
Just add hot water. Amount of dry mix scoops will depend on you and how you like it. Garnish with Whipped Cream and Sprinkles or additional Marshmallows. Enjoy!
 
 
The sun is sunny today but the wind is cold! If any of you are lucky enough to have snow along with the aforementioned conditions, do share it with us! The snowboards the kids got for Christmas are useless without it! In my dreams I live in Colorado or Montana where lack of snow and majestic scenery would not be an issue. :)
 
Have a wonderful day!
♥Blessings!♥

Linking to:
See Ya In The Gumbo

Comments

  1. What a perfect cup of chocolate! Delicious:)
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I bet that is just delish! And your lovely little jar is so much cuter than those canisters! :)

    I read this week that milk and a hershey bar melted together makes a good cup. Haven't tried it yet, though!

    and yes, dark chocolate is good for you! antioxidants and all that stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks so yummy....and cozy on a chilly evening like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah Martha this look delicious my kids would really enyoy this and love your jar!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found you over at See Ya In The Gumbo .... This is perfect for these cold winter nights :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yeah! This is the stuff. I like the idea of pudding mix--bet it makes the mixture nice and thick and rich. Thank you for linking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Finger Jello

Black Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake

Seasoned Pretzels